19 Mar Sweet & Spicy Mixed Nuts
Eating nuts helps your heart. Walnuts, almonds and other nuts can help lower your cholesterol when eaten as part of a balanced diet. They contain unsaturated fatty acids and tons of other nutrients. Plus they’re a great snack food & easy to pack when you’re on the go.
Sweet & Spicy Mixed Nuts
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons water
2 cups pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Confectioners sugar, salt, cayenne pepper and water.
- Add the mixed nuts to the mixture and stir well
- Add the nuts to the parchment lined baking sheet and spread out well with no over lapping.
- Bake for 12-14 min, until the nuts are golden.
- Slide the nuts off the baking tray and allow the nuts to cool completely.
- Once cool, you can remove the mixed nuts from the parchment paper and store in an airtight container.